The High 5 for Freedom Challenge
Take the high 5 Challenge
- Support freedom with a Gift or Pledge $5/month
- Take a selfie of yourself or with your family and friends with your best high five for freedom. Tag us on facebook or twitter!
- Take 5 minutes to read "Shop Like You Mean It: Why Ethical Fashion Matters," by Diane Osgood
- Follow ASSET on Facebook and Twitter
- Ask 5 of your firends to do the same!
There are more people enslaved today than at any other point in human history, despite slavery being illegal in nearly every country in the world. Slave labor is a part of many supply chains affecting the products we buy and the food we eat.
- Nearly 21 million people are victims of forced labor
- Forced labor in the private economy generates US $150 billion in illegal profits per year
- Domestic work, agriculture, construction, manufacturing and entertainment are among the sectors most concerned
*Source International Labor Organization
How You Can Help US Stop Slavery Before It Starts
Have you ever wondered if those hot new sneakers or that latest smartphone was actually "to die for?"
Slavery and forced labor is real. It exists in almost every supply chain all across the globe.
We believe in a world without slavery, where every worker and survivor finds their place in the global work force as a true asset, fulfilling their human birthright and potential.
ASSET's work around transparency legislation and advocacy is to enable every stakeholder in the supply chain ecosystem, to drive positive change around social impact and human rights.
The High 5 for Freedom Challenge is a call to action and a way for you to voice your commitment to end slavery and forced labor today. Every dollar that we spend, we vote for the world we want. Help us take transparency through to accountability.
Your donation will help us call attention to this issue and implement systemic solutions, like these, around the world.